14-Point Service and Safety Inspection
Northbay Garage Doors' 14-Point Service and Safety Inspection
During any service call, Northbay Garage Door will:
- Inspect the spring mounting to ensure your springs are adequately secured to the wall.
- Check your tracks for proper spacing, alignment and secure mounting and adjust them if needed. Track alignment is crucial for smooth quiet Garage Door operation.
- Check screws and bolts on your Garage Door to make sure they are secure.
- Inspect all of the roller wheels for wear and suggest replacement if needed. Worn-out rollers are noisy and dangerous.
- Inspect all of the hinges on your Garage Door for cracks, splits, and wear and suggest replacement if needed.
- Check your cables for frays and excessive wear and suggest replacement if needed. Worn and frayed cables are dangerous. Broken cables will cause your door to be inoperable.
- Check the bearings on the torsion spring bar if you have one and suggest replacement if needed.
- Check your cable drums for alignment with your door, end bearing plates and track.
- Inspect the bottom brackets where the cables attach for rust and excessive wear and suggest replacement if needed. A cut or rusted bottom bracket is very dangerous.
- Check the balance of your garage door and adjust your springs if needed. This is essential for safety and prolonging the life of your Garage Door and Opener.
- Inspect the attachment of your Garage Door Opener to the Garage Door, front wall, and ceiling or framing and suggest additional bracing if needed.
- Check the travel limits on your Garage Door Opener for proper stopping points in the open and closed positions of your Garage Door.
- Check the sensitivity or force setting of your Garage Door Opener to make sure it is safe and working properly.
- Lubricate the moving parts on your Garage Door and parts of your Garage Door Opener which require lubrication.