Openers / Operators
One advantage of purchasing a garage door operator from a licensed garage door contractor is that with your purchase you will get an operator with a solid, one-piece rail system instead of a multipart, piece together rail made to fit in a box on a store shelf.
If your garage door opener does not have sensors attached and working, then the opener is not compliant with current Federal safety regulations and should be replaced. All garage door openers manufactured after 1993 utilize “photo-eye” or “beam” style safety sensors. The safety sensors are located on or near the bottom of the door track (or door frame for one-piece/tilt-up style garage doors).
Yes, we can install an opener on your tilt-up style, one-piece door.
Garage Door openers / operators are listed below in three categories based on price and features.
Contractor series $, Premium series $$ and Elite Series $$$.
Operator horsepower ratings indicate the power available for opening and closing a garage door but that is not the whole story. Premium series operators are also able to open and close (cycle) a garage door more times per hour without overheating. The garage door springs (not the opener itself) are intended to lift most of the weight of a garage door. Generally, a premium grade 1/2 HP operator can operate a well balanced door weighing up to 400 lbs. maximum with the help of properly adjusted springs, but is only intended to cycle only a few times per hour. Over-use can easily overheat internal components in many garage door openers.
Many garage door operators are still in place and working decades after installation. Your garage door opener is not the place to try to save money on your project. The life of your garage door opener depends greatly on how well the door is balanced by spring tension.
HPc* = Horse Power comparable
-800 Newton (approximately 2/3 HP for comparison)
Get in your garage every time, even when the power is out. The Battery Backup System ensures your garage door opener as well as the safety and security features will continue to work.
• Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
• Industrial-strength chain drive system provides steady performance and lifting power.
• Lifetime motor warranty.
• Get in your garage every time, even when the power is out.
• The Battery Backup System ensures your garage door operator (as well as the safety and security features) will continue to work even when the power is out.
• Belt-Drive system for powerful, ultra-quiet performance.
• Soft start/stop for smooth operation.
• DC MOTOR is purposefully designed for quiet, long-lasting service.
• Built-in Wi-Fi for the easiest way to connect the garage door operator to your home network.
• FREE MyQ® Mobile app so users know their home is secure.
• Real-time alerts indicate the status of the garage door via email or push notifications.
• Monitor and control the operator from anywhere using the MyQ® app with mobile devices.
• Security+ 2.0® safeguards garage access by sending a new code with every click.
• POSILOCK® electronically protects against forced openings.
• ALERT-2-CLOSE signals when a door is being closed by MyQ.
• Motion detector (in the wall button) lights the way automatically.
• The PROTECTOR SYSTEM® invisible light beam auto-reverses the door if there is an obstruction.
• WARRANTY: LIFETIME MOTOR AND BELT, 5-YEAR PARTS, 1-YEAR BATTERY AND ACCESSORIES.
Wall mount design frees up ceiling space in your garage, reduces noise and vibration.
Built-in Wi-Fi® allows for smartphone control with the myQ® app.
Battery Backup allows you to open/close your door even when the power is out.
Includes myQ Remote LED Light featuring 1,500 lumens.
Automatic Garage Door Lock deadbolts your door after closing.
Enables secure in-garage delivery for Amazon Prime packages. Check availability in your area.